Monday, May 22, 2006

Saying Goodbye to A Good Friend

Earlier tonight I attended the commission service that was held for Sterling and his family.(They will soon be starting a church up in a suburb around New York City called Levittown) Wasn't exactly what I expected but that's alright. I don't think I was expecting to become emotionally engaged in the service but I did, seems as thought that happens whenever I try not to. Anyways I fully support Sterling and his vision but he will be miss, along with his family. Sterling has done so much for so many here in Clear Lake and I know that we are all grateful for what he has done. I know for certain in my situation that Sterling has been there to help me when I had no clue where go or what to do. To Sterling, "I love you man and yes I will be praying for you."

What A Week In The World Of Sport

Wow! That is really the only word that comes to mind with all the amazing playoff games, interleague play in baseball, and sacred records being tied(yes tied, not broken).

NBA

If after watching these NBA playoffs you still don't enjoy the basketball I think it's safe to say you never will because this is the best playoffs since Jordan, Magic, Bird, and Hakeem. Games coming down to literally the last second of the game, double overtimes, and buzzer beater shots. Let's not forget about the two game 7's we have tomorrow in the western conference semis.

Tonight Clips and Suns will play there Game 7, they will be the early game. This has been a great series although I do strongly believe that a few key mistakes on behalf of the Clippers that could have been avoided could cost them the series. Clippers should have already closed this series out but because of carelessness they will have to go into back to the desert(Phoenix) and win game 7 there which won't be easy. Steve Nash the "MVP" has not been good at all in this series, his team(Suns) will need a good performance from Nash. Overall pick ---- Clippers

The late game tonight will be Game 7 of the Spurs and Mavs, which has been an electrifying series. Both teams have played great and every moment has been a nail bitter. Tim Ducan is playing better than ever for the Spurs. Spurs have made an amazing come back from being down 3-1 in the series to now being tied at 3-3 with home court advantage. Some how the Spurs who are a notoriously bad free throw shooting team made 15 straight free throws down the stretch of game 6, can someone say "miracle"? These clutch free throws and good execution on defense won them this game. Game 7 tonight is going to be amazing. Overall pick ---- Spurs

MLB

These past few days have been interleague play in baseball which is where the AL plays the NL. Usually the games are rival games to get fans to come out to the ball park. Like the game I went to on Friday which was the Astros vs. Rangers. This rival is known as the "Silver Boot Series". In other words the best baseball team in Texas. Astros won the Friday game 5-3 with a late inning come back by an unexpected Adam Everette. Great game! (Thanks to Sterling and Jenna for a wonderful Bday present) Astro's won the Silver Boot Series, 2-1.

Bonds Hits home run number 714 to tie Babe Ruth on the all time home runs list. Is it a shame? I have a feeling the truth about Barry's steroid usage will come to light to everyone soon if it isn't already apparent. I mean you don't just grow 10 head sizes at 38, lol.

That's all for now! Yall please please please if you can watch Game 7 of the Spurs and Mavs tonight about 8:30 PM. I promise you won't regret it!

-Matt-

1 Comments:

Blogger sterjenmademm said...

Just found your blog. Thanks for the kind words. We will certainly miss you, but we know that this is not the end.

6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home