Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Some People Just Don't Get It

Can We Grow Up?
As you go through life you will at time struggle it's at these times when your character is tested the most. I will be the first to admit that sometimes I don't always handle pressure the way I should but you live and you learn from your past mistakes. It's seems to me that some people will never learn from their mistakes and can't handle pressure. I'm one that likes to meet pressure and adversity head on. I love to be challenged and I love to be able to prove myself and I love to be right. (which at times gets me in to trouble but I have learned to pick my spots) As I've noticed though some people only know how to back down and crawl into their shell when they are challenged or face adversity. These people are very rarely themselves, they love to put on a big show. But it's mainly bs. Why are people afraid to step on each others toes? Why are they afraid to truly express themselves? I have never got that and I never will. People put on this "pansy, the world is great, flowery attitude" when the truth is most of us are pissed off and angry but we seldomly vocalize it. Why can't we just be honest? I understand being diplomatic, but there is a difference between being diplomatic and being a pansy. I don't understand being so diplomatic to the extent that you change who you are around certain people. There's a problem with that. Of course certain people are passive people and thats just who they are, there's nothing wrong with that if that's truly who you are. I would rather someone be honest with me and hurt my feelings than be dishonest with me on how they truly feel. I'm so tired of people saying one thing to my face and I hear another thing from someone else.(high school's over, grow up) Be honest with yourself and others. Don't be afraid of a little adversity. You have to tear muscle down to build it up stronger. That's the end of my venting on that subject.

Brain Fart on Draft Day
Another person that just doesn't get it is Charlie Casserly and the Texans. Once again the Texans manage to screw up something that even 6 year old child could manage to do without any problems. All Charlie Casserly had to do on draft day was fill out a card with the name "Reggie Bush" on it and hand it to the commissioner but the failed. They failed miserably. It's not that Mario Williams isn't a good player and it's not that he won't succeed in the Texans organization, there's no reason to think he won't be a great player. But you just can't pass on the type of amazing talent that is Reggie Bush. Texans once again fumbled the ball and New Orleans recovered it and scored a touchdown. Being generous and I mean generous I perdict that the Texans will be 6-10. I will not be intently watching them this season, they have shown they do not care about winning football games or giving there fans a good show. Sorry season ticket holders. Casserly better hope a mirical happens and the Texans some how make it to the Super Bowl(which won't happen) and that Reggie Bush is a flop(which he won't be) or he'll be out of job soon. I understand that the Texans not taking Bush was more about money than anything else but serious Bob McNair you got to spend a little to win more than 2 games a year.

A 24 Million dollar Mistake
Just a side note about draft day. Matt Lienart by staying in college his senior year(taking only one blow off dance class) costed himself 24 million dollars in guaranteed money. Possibly a decision he will regret for quite sometime. He was certain to go number one in the draft in 05' but chose to stay in school, we all make mistakes. Instead of going number one Lienart went number ten, still good but not as good. Vince Young wasn't about to make that same mistake, he took all the hype(Yes I do mean hype) and rode it all the way to the third pick in the draft. Vince Young's single performance in the Rose Bowl probably earned him about 10 million more dollars in guaranteed money, nice pay day. I'm sure he doesn't regret coming out early.

Yall take it easy. More to say soon about NBA playoffs in the upcoming days.

-Matt-

What to watch: Lakers v. Suns Game 6, amazing series, highly recommend yall tune in.
Thursday at 7:30 TNT

1 Comments:

Blogger Carrot Dingle. said...

I really miss our late night chats.

Sorry I can't get one at midnight.
I have been getting really sleepy really early and I don't know why.
I really wish you would get on earlier.

Idk.
I can understand if you don't like talking to me anymore.

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home